Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Saturday, in the Park, Where Every Day's the Fourth of July

Back in January, H, Jane and I took a trip to a state park at the far edge of Queens. This was one of the first out of the neighborhood ventures with the little tyke so we didn't really know what we were doing. And the camera was new so I was a bit fumbly with it, and I didn't figure out how to do the editing until a couple weeks ago. But this was Jane's first trip into the wilds so off we went and tried to capture something of it as best we could.

We didn't get too far before H got turned back because we also brought the Maggie-dog. Dogs are not allowed, which we knew, and there are roving park rangers enforcing the rules, which we didn't know. So for much of the time, Jane and I are alone while H brought Maggie back to the car and waited.

As for the clip, this is my first edited video and it isn't bad...considering. Unfortunately, it's only not bad if you consider...

I think I did a surprisingly good job with one exception. I inserted a scene in the wrong place and didn't catch it until the software finalized the video and merged the scenes (which I didn't know it would do and so didn't save an unfinalized version, and so it goes...).

Now the only way to fix it is to start over again, which I won't be doing unless someone who knows what they're talking about takes me aside and says, "hey Tim, I really like that piece you did where you and Jane walk down a path. If you just fixed that one thing, I think I could enter it into the Tribeca Film Festival." Then maybe I'd fix it, but short of that, this will have to do.

So, without further ado, I give you Jane's first trip to the state park, as seen through her eyes (sort of).

No comments: